A Week In The Life of Me ... #1


So my very first week in the life of post may be slightly longer than a usual week, right now I'm thinking does a week start from Sunday-Saturday or Monday-Sunday so while I'm still trying to figure out what way I'm going to work it I'm just going to keep typing.

 Sunday 8th November
 This was the day after my son's 3rd birthday party and he woke up so excited asking when his friends were coming round again. We had to think of something to take his little mind off another birthday party as that definately was not going to happen so we decided on some Christmas shopping. A change of scenery was needed from the usual shopping centres in Glasgow so we travelled through to Livingston to the Mcarthur Glen Designer Outlets which are AMAZING !! Designer clothes at a fraction of the price what more could you want. Across from this amazing shopping centre is another even more amazing one. The Center, Livingston has been completely revamped since the last time I was there a few years ago and it is lovely inside. As well as a successful Christmas shopping trip Arran also managed to see Santa, 8th November is a bit early for a visit to Santa but it definately took his little mind off another party. Last year, Arran was petrified of Santa and I am so glad this year that he chatted away and told Santa what he would like as well as promising to be a good boy so he could get on the Nice List. All in all a great family day out and it was our last day before going back to work after a week off together.

Monday 9th November
 Back to work after an amazing week off. There is nothing worse than that dreaded Monday feeling. Waking up on a Monday morning thinking about the week ahead and what it has to offer, I work in retail, its the lead up to Christmas, the week ahead was never going to offer anything particularly great. I started work at 6am, by 9am I had already had my first lovely customer who called me an f***ing idiot because our travelator to get downstairs was out of service for maintenance, the poor man had to walk all the way over to the lift to get down. After that I knew things couldn't get much worse and how wrong was I .. ROADWORKS everywhere !! I said there is nothing worse than the Monday feeling but Roadworks actually beats that. Monday was pretty boring after it took 45 minutes to get home from work (usually 15 mins!) I made dinner, we played with Lego, bedtime for Arran and then it was Netflix time. Right now we are watching FRIENDS, on season 10 though (the last one) which I am gutted about, think I'm forgetting its on TV still constantly but watching it in order has been great. There has been a few episodes I completely forgot about.

Tuesday 10th November
 My day off YAY ! Ok I know I was only back for one day but it was a very long day ha ha. We have been hit with some absolutely horrible weather in the past week, so it was a day for the house today. Arran had no interest in spending any time with me, he shut himself away in his room playing with all his new toys he got for his birthday.
Since my own son didn't want to spend any time with me I decided it was Mummy Time. I sat down with a cup of tea, put my feet up, Netflix on and found a girly programme for me to watch. Gossip Girl was my choice, I've heard good things about it so am going to give it a go.

Wednesday 11th November
 Armistice Day. I truly respect the people who put their lives on the line to make sure that we were all here today. I always think of my Grandad, I never met him. Unfortunately he passed away 5 months before I was born but I have heard a million and one stories about him and stories he told my mum about the war. I wish I knew him so much. I get so annoyed when it comes to a 2 minute silence and people cannot even shut their mouths for a couple of minutes to show a bit of respect for these amazing people who gave their all for us. Work again this time working till 9pm, yawn.

Thursday 12th November
 Yet again another day off and quite a boring day. We spent the day watching Disney movies, wrapped up in covers and watching the rain outside. My idea of a perfect day.

Friday 13th November

 Today was Children in Need. I have always loved sitting watching it, seeing what the celebs are doing for charity and hearing some of the heartbreaking stories it really makes you appreciate everything you have and realise how lucky we are. Then of course, Paris. Horrible to think of all they innocent lives gone in a blink of an eye. The one thing that sticks in my mind about the victims is their last thoughts, the fear that must of went through their minds is so horrible to think of. Its not a thought that I think of often but when someone close to me has passed away I like to think that their last thoughts were happy or at least peaceful and I think the families of the victims would have wanted the same for their kids, sisters, brothers, aunties, uncles, parents and friends. There is nothing we can do to give any kind of peace to these poor families, but what can we do to make sure this doesn't happen again ?

Saturday 14th November
 Today is my little doggy's birthday. Toby is 7 today. This might seem silly but he gets a birthday cake every year. He loves cake, well he just gets the sponge the icing and jam would make him sick.
 Arran hadn't been feeling too well so I thought the birthday cake would cheer him up but unfortunately it never. It was also my works Christmas night out but due to my little baby feeling not quite right I decided not to go. I would never of enjoyed myself knowing that he was sitting at home not well. The sacrifices us parents make for our kids but I would never change it.

Sunday 15th November
 Looks like I missed a good night, fun was had by all and the chat in work today was great from all the gossip but I can at least say none of it was about me so that's a good thing. Early finish to go home and spend time with my baby boy

So it looks like I've went from Sunday to Sunday here so in future I will do Monday-Sunday.
Hope you enjoyed my first diary post, judging by the number of followers I have no one will be reading this anyway but maybe in the future someone will look back on these posts ha ha.

Unknown

Please feel free to leave comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment