My son's 3rd birthday

So it was my little boy's 3rd birthday on Friday which I was so looking forward too. He is just at the age where he is really beginning to understand birthdays and Christmas. Last year we couldn't really afford to spoil him much because we had just bought our house so this year we wanted to make it really special.


We decided to have a small gathering in the house to celebrate. A November birthday isn't the best for an in house party, 3 year olds are still too young for party games or even if they were to play would lose interest VERY quickly. We decided to invest in a gazebo one of they ones that has the 4 sides with it, which is just as well we did as it didn't just rained it absolutely poured.

Gazebo with fairy lights
The night before we dug out the Christmas lights and wrapped them around the frame of the gazebo it actually looked really nice, our little boy thought it looked like a castle. So party day arrived which was on Saturday and we got the bouncy castle out and plugged that in. Finally it looked like the kids would have something to entertain them and stay dry at the same time. Now all that was left was to make sure the adults had plenty of food to stuff there faces with Ha ha. My son's previous 2 birthdays I have dabbled in tying to make my own birthday cake for him which was not a success and even paid someone else to do it for me. I was trying to think of something relatively cheap which would feed a lot of people. What was a small gathering turned into 27 people crammed into our house. I decided to go for a Costco cake. They make there own from £11.99 and serves upto 48 people. You can order them here if you are a member. My son is a big Disney pixar cars fan so I personalised the cake myself with some of his cars.



The day was a success and my little boy had an absolute ball. I think in future though it would be much easier to pay a play area to throw a party than to do one myself. The organising took a lot of time up and the clean up took even longer, or so it felt so I know what I have to do next year .. pay someone else to do it !!

Unknown

Please feel free to leave comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment